The sixth in a series of posts that bring together the two sides of my blog: Food and technology. Iâ€™ve asked the great and the good from the web standards
community to share their favourite recipes.
Serves 8 to 10 people (or 5 hungry boy scouts).
- rashers bacon.
- cups cheddar cheese, grated.
- Lawry’s seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Line the bottom of a 12″ dutch oven with the bacon, then place over coals or in an oven until the bacon browns slightly on one side.
- Break the bacon into small bits, and layer it together with the potatoes and onions.
- Add plenty of Lawry’s seasoning, salt and pepper to taste, put the lid on the dutch oven and cook at 375f for about an hour or until the potatoes have begun to soften.
- Add small amounts of water and stir occasionally to ensure tenderness and even cooking.
- Sprinkle two cups of cheddar cheese over the mixture, stir lightly and continue cooking until the potatoes re tender.
- Just before serving, sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top and allow to melt.
It’s hard to pick a favorite, and admittedly, I’m a bit of a meat and potatoes out-doorsy type of guy, so here’s one of my favorite recipes, which incidentally contains both meat and potatoes and is typically eaten outdoors!
This recipe was posted on March 31st, 2012, and filed under Recipe book.